Personal: Born 1950
Married, 2 Children
Ph.D., 1977, University of Illinois
Professor of Economics, Temple University
Address: 143 Berkeley Road, Glenside, PA 19038
· Sailing and Seamanship, U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary, 1988.
· The Yanmar Diesel Engine, Mack Boring, 1990.
· Safety at Sea Seminar, sponsored by Philadelphia Sailing Club and Cruising World Magazine, 1991.
· North U. Cruising Course, North Sails, 1993.
- West Marine - Cruising Rally Association Passagemaker Seminar, 1995.
On the water
One week bareboat charters:
British Virgin Islands: 1991 and 1996.
Guadaloupe and Dominica: 1997
Sea of Abaco (2 weeks): 2007
Chesapeake Bay to Nantucket, round-trip, Summer 1993. Two short overnight passages up and down New Jersey.
Pusser's Rum Cup, Tortola, BVI to Hampton, VA, 1995 aboard Pearson 424 Euphrosyne owned by Bob and Betts Carpenter.
Tiverton, R.I. to Toms River, N.J., 1997 aboard Folkboat 25 owned by Glenn Morton. See Saga of the Vaga for details.
Belfast, ME to Plymouth, MA, 1998 aboard Pearson 424 Euphrosyne owned by Bob and Betts Carpenter
Sailing sabbatical: Chesapeake Bay to Bahamas and return: 2000 - 2001.
Owner/skipper of 1988 Pearson 31 from 1988 to 1996. Boat was kept on the eastern shore of Chesapeake Bay. We sailed 30 or more days each season.
Owner/skipper of 1987 Sabre 42 from 1998 to 2001 located in Baltimore, MD and on the eastern shore.
Owner/skipper of 1990 Caliber 38 from 2010 to ???